Blog as communicative tool

Google Classroom is another way to communicate with students via email. It is more convenient for parents and guardians which keep them informed of current and upcoming events of the child. Google classroom is source of Learning, where teacher facilitate. This application provides the children to communicate, ask questions (if they have doubts) and do their assignments. Today’s digital world, Google classroom helps facilitate online learning for digital learners today. As covid-19 pandemic emerged, the education industry also has switched to online teaching and learning, using various platforms to make it effective. Stay home, work from home and learn at home are the new realities now. Traditional methods of teaching are rapidly getting substituted and reformed and teachers have to come up with innovative pedagogies to redefine learning in overnight, the traditional classrooms have been transformed to a virtual classroom via latest technologies. The digital natives of today are responding excellently to this new model of teaching. When I reviewed the line lessons. I realized that, I need to do a lot. So that it would benefit the students unlike traditional classroom setting. I wanted to share some of the lessons I have learnt overtime about online teaching. Online Teaching is a lot of work and it takes a great deal of hard work and dedication. I had to put the curricular materials together for my online classes. I had spent as much as several weeks in reshaping my classroom materials to work for online classes. In some cases the activities I have used effortlessly in the classroom couldn’t be adapted at all for online use. Although a lot of effort goes into planning the lessons, there's also the matter of the daily and weekly workload. In an online class, students will not necessarily be completing assignments at similar times each week. We must communicate with students on their schedules, which means checking email on a regular basis and keeping up with the parents about their progress. Another issue with communication that I overlooked in the beginning was, questions that can be answered verbally in the classroom require a written explanation in the online classes, and sometimes, it takes more time to write out a sensible explanation than to say it. Assignments are collected on a regular basis, the teacher needs to be able to grade things quickly and efficiently to ensure that students receive timely feedback, and grading papers and other assignments electronically might take some time for the teachers to get used to. I try to respond to students' questions and concerns as quickly as I can. I use discussion in my class, and with around 35 students per class, I need to be online daily so the workload does become too overwhelming.

Comments